My philosophy of health is based upon the following principles:
- Health is an integration of body, mind and spirit.
- The focus is on the patient who has the disease and not the disease the patient has.
- The body has the natural ability to heal itself. The doctor and the medicine support only.
- The best medicine is preventive medicine.
- Do no harm.
- Medicine should be as natural as possible. Drugs and surgery are for emergency only.
- The doctor only gives recommendations and the patient is ultimately responsible for his/her own health.
The outcome of health of a patient is a function of three variables:
- The Doctor: I will do my best to help you.
- The Medicine: I constantly search for best medicine.
- The Patient: You will do your best to help yourself.
If you share the above philosophy, I invite you to join me as partner in health in mind, body and spirit.
HUY HOANG, M.D.